Monday, August 31, 2009

Clean, Sort and move

We have been so busy this weekend I didn't create anything new. Yes I have been in the studio
but I was cleaning out my storage area for a yard sale we are having at my in-laws. Two years ago my Father-in-law had a major stroke. They lived 90 min away from us. He was in the hospital for some time. The decision was made for them to buy a house near us so that we could take care of dad. So we found them a house 6 blocks away from us. Now the fun part was moving them from a 2 story farmhouse with 3 bedrooms and a huge garage and two outbuildings to a small 2 bedroom cottage. I have never seen so much stuff. So after sorting through it and storing it we are just now starting to set up the yard sale. It will take us about a week. It is just me and my honey doing all this work and it catches up with you fast. I didn't think I had so much stuff to get rid of from my studio but I brought out about 5 boxes myself. I can't wait until this is all over and things quiet down and I can concentrate on my art.

I thought I would give everyone the heads as to why I am not posting more. I am still here.
Just very busy.

toodles
Kathren

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathren, I just wanted to come by and thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog and also for becoming a follower. I understand about the sorting and getting rid of things. I have been working on that for several years, thinking someday we will move and need to downsize. I have gotten rid of so much and I swear it breeds because it doesn't seem to make a dent. Good luck with your garage sale and your art. I look forward to seeing more of what you do. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tammy...I love your art also and I hope when this sale is over I can get back into the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathren,

    I hope your Father in Law is on a road to recovery. I know how tough that battle can be. But having such caring and loving people around him will surely make a difference. Thanks for coming by my blog. You're a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog...I love comments and read them all....
ToOdLes
KatHren